We've had increasing Facebook inquiries about the 2017 Reunion, the tours, and the hotel. We're happy to see your positive energy and want you to know that we are in a "full-court press" to launch the new web site that includes online reunion registration as well as additional registration for the tours.
It is imperative that we test the reunion registration before going live so you, our membership, are not inconvenienced by a "buggy" registration process. The new website will go online soon and will be announced via the next "Firing Circle" newsletter.
In the meantime, please let me give you a synopsis of the reunion activities.
• Who: The AC-119 Gunship Association
• What: Reunion XVIII
• When: 28 September – 1 October, 2017
• Where: Holiday Inn, 2800 Presidential Drive, Fairborn, OH
Theme: Telling Our AC-119 Gunship Story
Thursday, 28 Sep
Reunion Check In Opens
Thursday, 28 Sep
Welcome reception hosted by the Holiday Inn
Friday, 29 Sep
• Tour of the National Museum of the USAF Restoration Hanger (Limited to 100 folks) Click the hot link above for more information on this tour and to register for it.
• Memorial service at the new AC-119 Gunship Association bench at the NMUSAF
• Association Meet & Greet at Holiday Inn
Saturday, 30 Sep
• Annual Business Meetings
Saturday, 30 Sep
• Dinner Under the Wings at the NMUSAF
Sunday, 1 Oct
• Golf Outing
• Tour of Dayton Historical sites Click the hot link to the left for more information on this tour and to register for it.
• Association Farewell BBQ
For now, if you want to proceed with your hotel reservations at the Holiday Inn, please feel free to call them at 937-426-7800. Be sure to tell them you are with the AC-119 Gunship Association.
The room rate is $107/night plus taxes(~12.75%). The room rates are good for three nights before and after the reunion.
Critical Note: Making your reservations at the Holiday Inn does NOT get you registered for the Reunion. Reunion and tour registrations can be made once we launch the reunion registration.
We look forward to seeing you in Dayton.
Ron Julian, 2017 Reunion Coordinator
Some reunion highlights:
(1) The National Museum of the United States Air Force (NMUSAF) is hosting a special tour of their Restoration Hanger on Friday morning. Participation is limited.
(2) A memorial service at our new AC-119 Gunship Association memorial bench on Friday afternoon;
(3) Dinner Under the Wings in the NMUSAF on Saturday night. Our guest speaker is still being determined.
(4) A Sunday historical tour that includes the Wright Memorial Hill and overlook of Huffman Prairie where the Wright Brothers built the first practical airplane and Dayton's Carillon Historical Park where you will see (and experience) the innovative history of many of the area's 20th Century inventors.
Additionally, the NMUSAF will be open daily. If you haven't been to the Museum since the 2004 Reunion, you have a real treat awaiting you. With the opening of Hanger 4 (224,000 sq.ft.) in June 2016, the NMUSAF now has over 17 acres of indoor exhibit space. You will be hard pressed to see it all in one day, maybe even two.
Of special interest to us, the renovated and
enlarged Southeast Asia section now has a special area devoted to the entire gunship family.
Your 2017 Reunion Planning team continues to assemble the pieces. We expect to have the full reunion registration package out on the new Association website in the month of March. The local POC for the planning team is Ron Julian (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Home | Membership
Merchandise | Reunion
Gunships main Page | Contact
Copyright ©1998-2017, AC-119 Gunship Association
All rights reserved